Graphics drivers!

Treiber für Windows ( Sound, Grafik ... )

Beitragvon red1 » 13.01.2006 22:20

Greetings Germany.....

Please forgive me writing in English on your excellent forum....(no english forums)

I have a zenega working very well...

160 gb hard drive running xp pro..
Meedio plays my music however i am very disappointed with the graphics/drivers..
because of this i use my networked dbox2 to stream pre recorded movies (DBox Winserver Version 040)
via VLC...

To get to the point....Is there anyone happy with the graphics??
I am using the i815STBdriver...
Any help greatly received...
All the best for 2006!!!!!!!!!!

Grüße Deutschland..... Verzeihen Sie mir Schreiben auf englisch auf Ihren ausgezeichneten englischen Foren des Forums....(no bitte) Ich habe ein zenega, sehr gut zu arbeiten... 160 GBS Festplattenlaufwerk laufendes xp Pro. Meedio spielt meine Musik, jedoch, das ich sehr über das graphics/drivers.. wegen dieses enttäuscht bin, ich mein vernetztes dbox2 verwende, um zu strömen vor notierte Filme (DBox Winserver Version 040) über VLC... An den Punkt....Is jedermann dort gelangen glücklich mit den Graphiken?? Ich verwende das i815STBdriver... Irgendeine Hilfe groß empfangen... Alle besten für 2006!!!!!!!!!!
red1

Beitragvon Joel » 14.01.2006 13:36

Hello Red1

You are using at the moment best possible driver for TV Out. Don´t use the focus setting tool
for Tweaking (Xpedisplaysetting.exe). Better use the igdctrl.exe in a DOS Window. Please try
to read following thread:
<a href='http://www.zenega-user.de/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=2630' target='_blank'>http://www.zenega-user.de/forum/index.php?...=ST&f=16&t=2630</a>

Tweaking in short form:
Open the attached picture in the Thread start a DOS Box and optimizeyour settings with following command

igdctrl.exe -sa (Attribute) (Value)

One of the most important Attribute is Sharpness, because this attribute is set to 100. You will
have much better TV out if you set this Attribute to for example 10. Controlword for this action is
igdctrl.exe -sa 26 10

All changes with this tool are immediately visible on screen and you can tweak by yourself.

An overview of your current graphics settings you can get with
igtctrl.exe -ga

All possible commands with
igtctrl.exe -options

If you have found your optimum settings you have to write it in a Batch file, store this file into
the same folder like your igdctrl.exe tool and create an link of your Batch file into your Autostart
folder. This is very important because igdctrl.exe dos not save your settings. So with this batch
your settings will be automatically set to the right values at start of Windows.

If you are a little bit patient we will post some optimized settings.

Greetings Joel
Joel
Professional

Beitragvon red1 » 14.01.2006 17:54

HI JOel many thanx for your reply....

I have played around with the settings as you said and the picture is much clearer but still not perfect...

I look forward to seeing your completed .bat file

Thanx again

Red

HALLO viel JOel thanx für Ihre Antwort.... Ich habe herum mit den Einstellungen gespielt, da Sie besagt und die Abbildung aber noch nicht zu vervollkommnen... viel freieres ist Ich freue, Ihre abgeschlossene bat Akte zu sehen Thanx wieder Rot
red1

Beitragvon Joel » 15.01.2006 18:22

Hello Red1

In this Thread you will find my settings:

<a href='http://www.zenega-user.de/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=2630&st=30&#entry18558' target='_blank'>http://www.zenega-user.de/forum/index.php?...=30&#entry18558</a>

Greetings Joel
Joel
Professional

Beitragvon red1 » 16.01.2006 01:20

hello Joel...We have a saying in english...."flogging a dead horse" which roughly translates to you will never win so quit....

Which i intend to do with the Zenega.....Changed settings intil i'm blue in the face....(insomniac i must sleep)

Fair enough my picture quality has improved but still 80% below my dbox..........

Even the sound quality through the digital out through my denon a/v receiver is quite poor(muffled)

I believe the only option open to me is either to throw it in the river thames or to buy a pci upriser card and fit external graphics and audio!!!!

quite upset as i believed the zenega to be My HTPC answer...However it is not....

Many thanx again joel for all your perfectly spoken help...

Red
red1

Beitragvon Joel » 16.01.2006 09:08

Hello Red 1

I ow a DBOX2, XBOX and Zenega. If I compare now Picture Quality between all this 3 candidates I have
best Picture Quality with Xbox and Zenega. XBOX and Zenega are on the same Quality level.
I have tested my setup with self shoot pictures and tuned quality parallel on Computer CRT and TV. Additonally I tested Quality with PCI Skystar 2 DVB-S card assembled in my Zenega. For this test I used
German TV channels ARD and ZDF. They have highest Data rates with best Quality. In my opinion resulting
TV picture quality is perfect with DVBviewer. At the moment I do not remember which Mpeg filter I have used
in settings of DVBviewer.

Regarding Audio I hear no difference in sound when using optical digital out. And I believe I have good components: Harman Kardon AV Amplifier and self developed Speakers with Seas WP171 Woofer and modified Scan Speak D2903 Tweeter (5 Channels + Subwoofer)

I believe you have a general problem with your setup.

If you want to have best HTPC system available on market buy XBOX 1 and use XBOX Media Center software. In my opinion this software is still unreached on market regarding usability, compatibility and optical design of skins.
Only disadvantage of XBOX is noisy Fan (even with Fan mod), limited file system without ability to act as server, DVD drives with compatibility problems and no embedded DVB-s.

But streaming with DBOX2 onto XBOX HD works perfect.

Greetings Joel
Joel
Professional

Beitragvon red1 » 16.01.2006 22:44

Hello Joel......Sorted my sound problem out...
I was using meedio play my mp3s but when i saw your comments decided to have a mess.....Anyway outcome of it all was when using media player the quality was perfect....

Can you honestly say if you play back a movie with VLC or similar the picture quality is as good as the dbox??

Mine is pretty awful!!!

I have tried your settings which indeed make things clearer(text)
But still a long way off 100%...

I am using 32" widescreen on pal rgb if this helps??
red1

Beitragvon Joel » 17.01.2006 09:20

Hello Red1

Honestly picture quality is perfect! I do not use VLC. I use DVBviewer with my Skystar 2 DVB-s Card.
I have recorded for example "Kevin alone at home" for my kids in mpg. If I playback this file with dvbviewer
there is no difference in picture quality. I guess you are using a bad mpg filter pack. With my DVB-s card
i got Sonic cineplayer codec and from and older Software release I have DVD Express (currently in use).
Try to use another codec for example from Elecard.

I have optimized as a first step settings for my small 4:3 PAL system because for optimization I used 2 screens. I have tried already to optimize on my 32" 16:9 but I have been too lazy to carry my Computer
Crt into living room and such issues like color saturation brigthness, sharpness should be similar for both TV-Set. I think some minor fine tuning will be neccessary because 32" TV has some embedded digital Postprocessing. I think I will reduce flickerfilter a little bit and change resolution to 1280:720:32:60.

Greetings Joel
Joel
Professional

Beitragvon red1 » 17.01.2006 10:59

But Joel are you using the tv out from the skystar card and not the zenega i830??
red1

Beitragvon Joel » 17.01.2006 12:09

@Red 1

Skystar 2 does not have TV-Out. This is a low Budget DVB-s card without mpg hardwaredecoder,
CI-Interface and TV Audio out. Only a simple DVB-S in Coax connector.

Greetings Joel
Joel
Professional

Beitragvon pt-1 » 17.01.2006 15:37

Hi Red1 & Joel,

petgun posted something on the Tuxbox board and he is also a user here ;-)

<a href='http://www.dvbportal.de/projects/hdtvpump/' target='_blank'>DVBPortal HDTV Pump Filter </a>
MPEG2 Transport Stream source filter

Overview

This DirectShow filter allows playback of ATSC/DVB .ts files in any player application that uses DirectShow including Zoom Player, Microsoft Media Center 2005 and Microsoft Media Player 10.

The filter uses the push mode to ensure smooth playback of HDTV/SDTV files. The accompanied WMP plug-in features a transport stream editor for A-B cuts which preserves all PIDs and tables.

The source filter allows the selection of individual programs and audio tracks in the stream.
Features

Play ATSC/DVB .ts files in your favorite player software
High precision pump filter architecture
HDTV support
AC3/MPEG1/MPEG2 audio tracks
Shared file access for playing while recording
pt-1
Advanced Member

Beitragvon red1 » 19.01.2006 22:34

Well i'm quite happy now with my.....

RUnning meedio with winamp plugin for sound...

Streaming from my dbox to zenega running jack the grabber capturing with ggrab..

I can watch the recording live by running VLC from my dbox...(hence i can pause etc)

I was thinking of getting a PCI graphics card With tv out but i don't have a clue which would be a good one....
Most seemed to be aimed at gaming (which i.m not) all i want is the best possible tv out!!!!

Anyone have any ideas???
red1

Beitragvon Joel » 20.01.2006 09:45

@Red1
Most of Graphics card have poor Output Quality and they are not better than Zenega with Focus chip.
As far as I remember some old Matrox PCI Graphics card have good TV Output. You cannot expect same
Quality on TV like on your Computer CRT. Especially under Windows Desktop you will see that details are not
as sharp as on your CRT.
Attached comparison of my desktop. Left side CRT left side TV
Joel
Professional

Beitragvon Joel » 20.01.2006 09:46

Recorded TS Stream Video from DBOX2:
Joel
Professional

Beitragvon Joel » 20.01.2006 09:48

Skystar 2 DVB-S output on Screens with DVBviewer:
Joel
Professional